- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Krispie Ghost Treats Recipe Video
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice krispies||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|White chocolate/Vanilla flavored candy coating||12 Ounce|
|Chocolate sprinkle||1 Tablespoon|
|Miniature semi sweet chocolate chips||2 Tablespoon|
|Black gel||10 Gram (tube) (Optional)|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 114.8 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.08%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a pan melt the butter and add in the marshmallows, stir continuously until the marshmallows melt and form a smooth paste.
3. In a bowl, place the rice krispies and pour in the melted marshmallow mixture and stir well to coat the krispies.
4. Spay your hand with non-stick spray or butter your hands, shape about ½ cup of rice krispie mixture into random shape and place on the prepared tray.
5. Place the baking tray in refrigerator, for about 15 minutes or until the shapes are cool and firm.
6. In a bowl over double boiler, place the white chocolate and allow to melt for about 10 minutes.
7. Take the white chocolate bowl off the double boiler, and dip the krispie shapes in melted chocolate and place on the parchment-lined tray.
8. Decorate the krispie ghosts with chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles and black gel, as desired
9. Return the krispie shapes to the refrigerator until the chocolate firms.
10. Serve as desired.