- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking with Jess for the Holidays - Gingerbread Boy Cookies Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4809 Calories from Fat 1678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.8%
Saturated Fat 117.6 g588%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 669.9 mg
Sodium 3525.7 mg146.9%
Total Carbohydrates 743 g247.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.5%
Sugars 388.5 g
Protein 46 g92.9%
Vitamin A 117% Vitamin C 0.73%
Calcium 87.8% Iron 192.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, molasses and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat cool to lukewarm and stir in egg.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt and stir into molasses mixture to form soft dough.
5. Divide dough into thirds.
6. Shape each portion into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
9. Cut with a floured 3-inches gingerbread boy cookie cutter.
10. Place on greased baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
11. Remove to wire racks.
12. Serve them with beverages or have them with desired toppings.