- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Shrimp with Peas and Couscous Recipe Video
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Pea pod||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.6 mg
Sodium 565.5 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 33 g65.3%
Vitamin A 87.3% Vitamin C 213.9%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 39.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the couscous in salted boiling water and finish it off with olive oil and butter.
2. In a frying pan, heat olive oil.
3. Throw in the butter.
4. Add the pea pods and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Next goes in the shrimp.
6. Season with salt.
7. Add chopped tomatoes and a few dashes of tobasco.
8. Drizzle in the lemon juice and the dry sherry.
9. Cook the shrimp just until pink and lightly sauted. Do not overcook them.
10. Ladle in the couscous in the middle of the plate. Place the shrimp and the pea pods on the couscous. Drizzle the accompanying stock on it. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro, thyme and lemon wedges and serve right away.