- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking for the Week- Hot Meatball Sub With Green Onion Garlic Chips, Shrimp Pasta with Garlic Bread Recipe Video
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled and sliced (For the Asian Cucumber Salad)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon (For the Asian Cucumber Salad)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (For the Asian Cucumber Salad)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (For the Asian Cucumber Salad)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (For the Asian Cucumber Salad)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and sliced (For the Green Onion Garlic Chips)|
|Garlic||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, mince (For the Green Onion Garlic Chips)|
|Garlic salt||2 Tablespoon (For the Green Onion Garlic Chips)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced (For the Green Onion Garlic Chips)|
|Hoagie rolls||4 Large (For the Hot Meatball Sub)|
|Meatballs||16 Large, cooked (For the Hot Meatball Sub)|
|Spaghetti marinara||8 Tablespoon (For the Hot Meatball Sub)|
|Mozzerella||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (For the Hot Meatball Sub)|
|Pasta||1⁄2 Bag (0.5 kg) (For the Shrimp Pasta)|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon (For the Shrimp Pasta)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, mince (For the Shrimp Pasta)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Shrimp Pasta)|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (For the Shrimp Pasta)|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked (For the Shrimp Pasta)|
|French loaf||1 Large (Serve with pasta and sauce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8586 Calories from Fat 1949
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g326.5%
Saturated Fat 35.8 g179.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 339.8 mg
Sodium 13084 mg545.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1377 g459%
Dietary Fiber 94.8 g379.3%
Sugars 65.6 g
Protein 341 g681.7%
Vitamin A 107.4% Vitamin C 303.6%
Calcium 201.2% Iron 449.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the Asian cucumber salad: In a bowl, mix the cucmber, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce.
3. Garnish with sesame seeds.
4. For the Green Onion Garlic Chips: Arrange the potatoes slices in a baking dish.
5. Drizzle 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons minced garlic and garlic salt and toss.
6. Next, add the green onions and pop into oven for 40 minutes.
7. For the hot meatball sub: Line the hoagie rolls with the meatballs.
8. Next, spread 2 tablespoons each of spaghetti marinara into the roll.
9. Next, add mozzarella cheese.
10. Pop into oven along with the potatoes for 10 minutes.
11. For the Pasta: Boil salted water and put pasta in the bowl to cook.
12. For the sauce: In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon minced garlic,
13. Add minced onion and cook till the onion becomes tender.
14. Add basil and crushed tomatoes and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
15. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes and your sauce is ready.
16. Drain pasta and top the shrimp sauce on the pasta.
17. Add some Parmesan cheese and serve.
18. For the Garlic bread- Slice the french loaf through the middle and smear butter, garlic salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil on the inside.
19. Pop into oven on broil for 4-5 minutes.
20. Scoop pasta onto a pasta bowl and cut out a portion of garlic bread and serve.
For a crispy top on the potatoes, switch from bake to broil for the last 5 minutes that it is in the oven.