- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking for the Freezer: Make Ahead Lasagna Recipe Video
|Lasagna noodles||250 Gram (1 package, no bake)|
|Sweet italian sausages||1 Pound|
|Lean ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|Canned tomatoes||540 Milliliter (540 ml can Aylmer's or Aylmer's Accents (flavour of your choice) diced tomatoes)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Spaghetti sauce||26 Ounce|
|White sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon +1/2 teaspoon)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley/Frozen spinach||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian cheese||500 Gram (four cheese italiano cheese blend)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
Calories 849 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.6 mg50.2%
Sodium 3501.3 mg145.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 74 g147.9%
Vitamin A 70.2% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 152.4% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For meat sauce, place a sauce pan over medium high heat, add onion, sausage, garlic, and ground beef in it. Stir and cook until browned.
3. Throw seasoning, salt, pepper, herbs, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, and spaghetti sauce in it. Mix it well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine parsley, cottage cheese, egg, salt and seasoning.
5. In a baking pan, ladle meat sauce, and spread it evenly.
6. Layer uncooked noodles, and then top it with cottage cheese mixture, followed by meat sauce.
7. Sprinkle four cheese over the meat mixture. Top it with parmesan, and repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used.
8. Cover the dish with a tin foil. Place it in the refrigerator.
9. Take it out of the refrigerator before you wish to serve, bake it in oven for 1 hour.
10. Serve it hot with a glass of wine.