- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking for Kids - Deviled Egg Chicks Recipe Video
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||12 Small, cut into disks (for the eyes)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, cut into tiny triangles (for the beak)|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.7 mg
Sodium 564.1 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 44.8%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water.
2. Bring the water and eggs to a boil over high heat.
3. When the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let sit for 12 minutes.
4. Drain off the hot water and cover with cold water to cool the eggs.
5. Peel the eggs, cut in half, using a sharp knife to make zig zag cuts through the middle of the egg white(as shown in the video so that it resembles a cracked egg.
6. Place the yolks in a bowl with the mustard, mayonnaise and salt. Mash the mixture into a bowl until smooth.
7. Place the yolk mixture in a zip lock bag and cut a whole in one end to make a piping bag. Squeeze the yolk mixture into the egg white.
8. Place the olive “eyes” and red bell pepper “beak” into the yolk mixture and top with the remaining egg white half.
9. Serve the Deviled Egg Chick in an egg cup.