- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Chicken Two Ways Recipe Video
|Zucchini||2 Large, chop|
|Kalamata olive||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Chicken breast||2 , chop|
|Grape tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large, chop|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Jalapenos||2 , chop|
|Romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roast|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1098 Calories from Fat 584
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.6%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g50.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg4.3%
Sodium 2319 mg96.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.8%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 67 g133.1%
Vitamin A 52.6% Vitamin C 143.5%
Calcium 20% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the zucchinis into half and cut into slices.
2. Cut the olives around the pit.
3. Cut the grape tomatoes into halves.
4. Cut the parsley roughly.
5. Cut the 2 chicken breasts into chucks.
6. For the first dish: In a pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
7. Add 1 chopped chicken breast into the pan and stir. Cover with lid and let this brown for about 5 minutes.
8. Take the chicken out.
9. Add 1 chopped zucchini, 1/2 cup chopped grape olives, 1/4 cup kalamata olives, 1/4 cup parsley and 1 chopped jalapeno.
10. Brown all the vegetables.
11. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and put the chicken back into the pan.
12. Cover with lid for about 5 minutes.
13. Remove from stove, add 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers and plate.
6. For the second dish: In a pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
7. Add 1 chopped chicken breast into the pan and stir. Cover with lid and let this brown.
8. Add 1 chopped zucchini, 1/2 cup chopped grape olives, 1/4 cup kalamata olives, 1/4 cup parsley and 1 chopped jalapenos.
9. Add 1/4 cup wine and cover with lid for 5 minutes.
10. Open lid and stir and add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and mix. Add another tablespoon of tomato paste.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir and cover with lid to cook down for 10 minutes.
12. Add 1/4 cup of freshly grated Romano cheese and more pepper, if needed. Add 1 1/2 cup of cooked pasta and toss.
13. Add 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers, stir and take off the stove.
14. Plate the first dish and serve as a side dish.
15. Plate the second dish and serve as a main dish.
TIPS: Use white wine when you want lighter flavors and want to keep the color of the dish. Use red wine while using tomato sauce and heavier meats and you don't mind getting the dish coloured.