- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pomodoro Sauce Recipe Video
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||4 Large, torn|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned tomatoes||15 Ounce, crushed (Whole tomatoes, unseasoned)|
|Cracked ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 686
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.6%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2782.7 mg115.9%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.3%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 150.4% Vitamin C 177.1%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 89.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 cloves of sliced garlic.
2. Add 1 can of tomatoes and spread it around.
3. Add fresh basil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
4. Add 1 can of tomato paste.
5. Add liquid from the canned tomatoes or 1 can full of water and stir well.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes until thick and flavors have married together.
7. Serve the sauce with your favorite pasta.