- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frizzled Onion Rings Recipe Video
|Onion||2 Large, cut into rings (slice thickly)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), seasoned|
|Safflower oil/Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1385 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.3 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 264 g88%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.4%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 40 g79.5%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 77%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 83.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the onions into significant slices.
2. Add the 2 cups of seasoned flour to a ziplock bag.
3. Toss the sliced onions into the ziplock bag and toss.
4. Take the onions out of the ziplock bag and dust off extra flour.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan or deep-fat fryer to 375 degree-400 degree F.
6. Add the onions to the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve these frizzled onions as a side dish, on sandwiches, burgers or salads.