- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking Cream Puffs Recipe Video
|Choux pastry mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (for egg wash)|
|For whipped cream|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.3 mg
Sodium 86 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.96%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.1% Iron 0.85%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 500ºF
2. Cut parchment paper to fit the pan and hold down with 4 dollops of choux pastry.
3. In a bowl, add the chilled whipping cream. Using a hand mixer/ stand mixer or wire whisk, start whipping the cream.
4. Once it starts to thicken, add in the sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
5. Spoon the pastry batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2” plain tip.
6. Pipe out in mounds onto parchment, each should be 3-1/2” across and 1-1/2” high.
7. Brush each with egg wash.
8. Place sheet pan in the oven and immediately turn down the temperature to 400ºF.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.
10.When done they should feel feather light and be golden brown.
11.Let cool in the pan on a rack. Don’t fill the puffs until you are ready to serve.
12.Using a serrated knife, cut the puffs in half as shown in the video.
13.Spoon in the whipped cream on the bottom half of the puff and cover with the other half.
14.You can coat with fondant, chocolate glaze, or dust with powdered sugar.
15.Serve at once.
For more information please visit: www.legourmet.tv
This video is a creation of Legourmettv. You can visit legourmet for complete recipes, and more videos.