- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Complete Menu Recipe Video
|For making broccoli soup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Potato||2 Medium, sliced|
|Broccoli||2 Pound (or cauliflower, asparagus)|
|Chicken broth||1 Liter (organic)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For making pesto|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flax seeds||2 Tablespoon (organic)|
|Basil||2 Cup (32 tbs), rinsed|
|For making quinoa|
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For making chicken|
|Chicken breast||2 Pound|
|Pesto sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mozarella cheese||1 Pound|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced and juice drained|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), garnish|
Calories 1487 Calories from Fat 740
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.2%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 243.5 mg
Sodium 2345.8 mg97.7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.4%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 107 g213.9%
Vitamin A 74% Vitamin C 399.5%
Calcium 98.1% Iron 50.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan and pour in the extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add in the onion, potato and broccoli. Pour in the broth and add in the garlic.
3. Put the stove on medium low heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Take out some broccoli pieces in a bowl and set aside.
5. In a blending jar take out half of the mixture and add in the cottage cheese to it. Blend rest of the mixture in batches and place that in a large bowl.
6. Add back the reserved broccoli to the puree and season with the seasoning.
7. Garnish the broccoli soup with fresh mint and serve.
For making Pesto
1. In a blending jar take all the ingredients and blend.
2. Toss the pasta with pesto and serve.
For making Quinoa
1. In the boiling water add in the quinoa, stir for a few minute and cover the pan. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
2. Take out the quinoa in a large bowl; add in the sun dried tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and oregano. Stir all the ingredients. Let it bring to room temperature and add in the feta cheese, mix well.
3. Serve Quinoa with vegetable gravy and enjoy!
For making Chicken
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
2. In a baking dish place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. Spread the pesto sauce over the each pieces of chicken.
3. Top with the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Serve chicken with quinoa or whole grain bread.