- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cookies with Apricot Jam Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Butter||113 Gram, softened (1 stick)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or any other jam)|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 807 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.9 mg
Sodium 187.1 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 84.3 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, the baking powder, pinch of salt, and ground cloves. Set aside.
2. Using the flat paddle of a stand mixer (or a regular egg beater), cream the soft butter with the sugar, at low speed, until you get a creamy consistency and the sugar is completely dissolved in the butter.
3. Add the egg and the egg yolk, increase the speed a notch or two, and continue beating.
4. Add the vanilla extract. Continue beating until you get a smooth mixture.
5. Add the dry mixture little by little to the wet mixture and mix until you get smooth and soft dough.
6. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat your oven to 350 degree F (180 degrees C).
8. Sprinkle some flour on your work station. Take the dough out from the fridge and work it a bit with your hand to soften it.
9. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough. It should not be too thin or too thick (around 2-3 millimeters).
10. Using a cooking cutter to cut cookies in the dough. Ideally they should have the shape of a flower, but feel free to use the shape of your choice.
11. Using the back of a piping tip (or any other object you have) make a hole in the center of the cookies. Half of the cookies should have a hole and the other half should NOT.
12. Bake the cookies for around 10 minutes. The cookies should not get color, they just become slightly golden. In mid-time of baking, turn your baking pan around, so the cookies cook evenly.
13. Once done, place the cookies on a grill to cool down.
14. Once cooled down, sprinkle the cookies with holes, with powdered sugar.
15. Put jam on the cookies without the holes and then top them with the cookies with the holes. You will get a beautiful apricot jam cookie.
16. Repeat this to all the cookies.
17. In a serving plate, serve the cookies with milk, tea or any other refreshing drink of choice.