- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cookie Tart Shells Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 238 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) In a clean bowl beat the butter until soft and creamy. Blend in sugar and mix well.
3) Next, stir in orange juice and egg and blend them in the mixture.
4) Now combine, sifted flour, baking powder and salt and this to the creamed mixture and mix well to form the dough.
5) Place the dough in the refrigerator and chill.
6) On a floured board, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Cut the pastry into circles.
7) Grease outside walls of muffin cups, by turning tin upside down.
8) Further, place the tart circles over cups and press them down with hands so that they acquire the shape of the cups.
9) Use a fork and prick the the tarts to allow the steam to escape during baking.
10) Place the cups in oven and bake in the preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes or until tarts are lightly tanned.
11) Allow the tarts to cool down before serving
12) Fill them up with ice cream, fruits or any other filling of choice.