- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Continental Veal Bake Recipe
|Regular noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cube veal steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen green peas and onions||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.6 mg39.2%
Sodium 526 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Quarter the veal steaks or tenders.
1) In a kettle, cook the noodles in the boiling salted water as per the package directions, drain and return to the kettle.
2) In a pie plate, combine the flour, salt and pepper together and dredge the veal in this mixture.
3) In a large frying pan, brown the veal in the butter or margarine in batches, remove and keep aside.
4) Stir rest of the flour mixture and bouillon cube into the pan drippings.
5) Gradually stir in the water, scrape the pan, then stir continuously and cook, until the sauce is thick and boils for 1 minute.
6) In a medium-size bowl, stir a little hot sauce into the sour cream then stir in rest of the sauce, parsley, and lemon rind.
7) Pour over the noodles and toss lightly to mix.
8) In a buttered shallow 8-cup baking dish, spoon the noodles and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. 9) Arrange the veal with overlapping the slices over the noodles, cover and refrigerate.
10) One hour before the serving time, place the covered casserole in a cold oven and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
11) Uncover and pour over about 1/2 cup of milk and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
12) Cook the peas and onions as per the package directions and spoon over the noodles just before serving.
13) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.