- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Continental Fruit Compote Recipe
|California orange||6 Medium|
|California oranges||6 Medium|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Galliano liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned purple plums||1 3⁄4 Pound, chilled (1 Can, 1 Pound, 13 Ounces)|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.02 g0.03%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a sharp paring knife, peel the rind of one orange. Slice off as much of the white portion as possible, keeping on the orange part of the peel.
2. Thinly slice the peel into juliennes or strips. Reserve in a bowl
3. Peel remaining oranges and slice thinly, crosswise. Place slices in a large glass bowl.
4. In a small saucepan, add the rind strips with just enough water to cover.
5. Boil to blanch peel and drain.
6. In the same saucepan combine 1 cup water, blanched orange strips and sugar.
7. Boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
8. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Take pan off the heat and stir in Galliano.
10. Pour over orange slices in bowl.
11. Cover bowl with cling film and refrigerate to chill.
12. Drain the plums reserving liquid for another purpose.
13. In each coupe or dessert bowl, place plums and spoon orange slices and syrup over them.