- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Continental Cream Pie Recipe
|Ginger cookies/Graham crackers||14|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||4 , beaten|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.8 mg
Sodium 97 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.11%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.2% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F before baking
3. Generously grease a 9-inch pie pan with butter.
4. Soften the gelatin in cold water.
5. Prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame.
6. Place the cookies in a zip lock bag and crush them finely using a rolling pin.
7. Empty them into a bowl and add the melted butter to it. Using your fingertips, rub the butter with the crumbs.
8. Turn the mixture into the greased pie pan and press to line the bottom and the sides.
9. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 1-2 minute. Remove and set aside to cool and harden.
10. To make the pie filling take a bowl that will fit over the double boiler.
11. Combine the eggs, sugar and cornflour then gradually add the milk, whisking to blend.
12. Place the bowl over the double boiler and cook for 20 minutes to make a custard, stirring it frequently, until it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
13. Take the pan off the heat and add the softened gelatin. Stir until the gelatin dissolves completely. Set aside to cool slightly.
14. In a clean dry bowl, add egg whites and sugar and beat with an electric mixer or a wire whisk until stiff and forms soft peaks.
15. Gently fold the meringue into the cooled custard using a spatula and then stir in the brandy
16. Pour into the pie pan
17. Place in the refrigerator to set completely.
18. Decorate the pie with candied fruit if you like.
19. Slice into wedges and serve cold.