- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Continental Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Shortening / margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
|Rose water||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5235 Calories from Fat 2813
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 313 g481.6%
Saturated Fat 129.9 g649.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1279.9 mg
Sodium 683.4 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 534 g177.9%
Dietary Fiber 32.3 g129%
Sugars 210.9 g
Protein 109 g218.9%
Vitamin A 131.5% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 82.1% Iron 152%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk, 1 at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add the lemon peel, salt, almonds and rose water and beat thoroughly. Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour and beat; add enough of the remaining flour, or more, to make a dough of the right consistency to roll.
3. Cover the dough with waxed paper and let it chill in the refrigerator 1 hour or more.
4. Start oven, set at Moderate, 375° F. Rub cookie sheets with margarine or shortening.
5. Roll the dough out 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured board; cut into desired shapes. Beat the second egg yolk with the milk and brush the tops of the cookies with the mixture. Place the cookies on the cookie sheets.
6. Bake about 8 minutes, until delicately browned.