- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Continental Cheesecake Recipe
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soured cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.6 mg
Sodium 274.1 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 300°F, 150°C or Gas No. 2.
2) In a small saucepan melt butter and remove from heat.
3) Crumble the biscuit and with a fork mix with butter.
4) Blend the mixture and spread at the base of buttered, 8-inch (20-cm), round cake tin.
5) Spread evenly and press down firmly.
6) In a large mixing base pass the cottage cheese through a sieve.
7) Mix cream cheese and beat well.
8) Mix sugar and beat again.
9) Separate eggs, add yolks to the cheese mixture. Keep the whites in a separate basin.
10) Beat yolks and vanilla essence into the mixture.
11) Sift cornflour over the surface. Add the soured cream.
12) Beat white until stiff and fold in gently.
13) Transfer mixture into prepared tin.
14) Put below centre of a slow oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
15) Let stand the cheese cake in oven until cold.
16) Loosen the sides of the cheese cake and lift gently out of the tin.