- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Confiture de Tomates Marocaine Recipe Video
|Ripe red tomatoes||4 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange blossom water||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 487.3 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.9%
Sugars 55.4 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 304.5% Vitamin C 417.9%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat your oven to 450 F degrees.
2. Place the tomatoes in a baking pan covered with foil.
3. Bake the tomatoes for 1 hour and 15 minutes until they become charred and soft.
4. Once the tomatoes are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool down.
5. Peel, seed, and chop the tomatoes into chunks. Place the tomato chunks in a bowl and drain them as much as possible from their juice.
6. Keep a skillet on medium heat, drizzle the olive oil over it. Let it heat up for 1 minute.
7. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 20 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
8. After 20 minutes, add the honey, orange blossom water, cinnamon, salt, and pepper to the tomatoes.
9. Increase the heat to medium-high and continue cooking for another 15 minutes until the tomatoes are dry and caramelized.
10. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on the Tomato jam before serving (hot or cold) with bread and crackers. Enjoy!