- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Confetti Spaghetti Squash Recipe
|Spaghetti squash||1 Large|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Sweet red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Fresh coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.45 mg
Sodium 178.5 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 96.8%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, place the squash along with water to cover.
2) Bring to boil and cook uncovered for 30 to 60 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
3) Drains halve and set aside until cool.
4) Discard the seeds of the squash.
5) With a fork, separate the flesh into strands and place in a large bowl.
6) In skillet, combine the green peppers, red peppers, onions, coriander, stock, oil, vinegar, cumin and garlic.
7) Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
8) Add the squash and sautÃ© to combine all ingredients together.
9) Cover and cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
10) Serve hot with freshly sliced bread.