- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Confetti Rice Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas and carrots||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.2%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg
Sodium 1542.2 mg64.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 280.5% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2 –quart casserole, mix the onion and butter.
2. In the microwave, cook, covered for 4 minutes at High.
3. Mix all the other ingredients except peas and carrots.
4. In the microwave, cook, covered for 5 minutes at High.
5. Break up the peas and carrots and mix with the rice mixture.
6. In the microwave, cook, for 18 to 21 minutes at Power 5 or Medium, until the liquid is soaked and the rice is soft.
7. Let it stand, covered, for at least 5 minutes.
8. Stir to mix well and serve.