- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coney Island Cone Cakes Recipe
|Cake flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||2 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low-fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||1 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Low-fat buttermilk||1 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sprinkles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (In Assorted Colors And Shapes)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2311 Calories from Fat 603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.3%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 2.6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1011.6 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 415 g138.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.9 g147.6%
Sugars 280.3 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 32.1% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 54.5% Iron 65%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) To make the cake, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
2) Use an electric mixer set on medium speed to beat together the vegetable oil spread and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir till well blended.
3) Add the egg white and vanilla. Stir well.
4) Stir in the flour mixture and buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour mixture, till the mixture is smooth.
5) Into the wafer cones, spoon the batter to within ½ inch of the top.
6) Set the cones on a baking sheet.
7) Bake in the preheated oven till the tops are firm and a wooden pick emerges covered with crumbs when inserted in the center.
8) Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
9) To make the frosting, combine together the confectioners-€™ sugar, buttermilk, vegetable oil spread and vanilla in a small bowl.
10) With an electric mixer set on medium, beat the mixture till it is smooth.
11) Use the frosting to frost the top of the cakes.
12) Use sprinkles to decorate the tops. You can make faces, patterns or stripes, or just about anything you like.
13) Serve at room temperature or chill for some time and then serve. Can be served as a dessert or a party treat.