- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Concasse Tomato Pasta Recipe Video
|Angel hair pasta||8 Ounce (in 1 package)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, ground (use as per taste)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 1571.3 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a kettle place tomatoes and cover with cold water.
2. Bring just to the boil and pour off water and cover again with cold water.
3. Peel, seed and cut into small pieces.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the pasta until al dente.
5. In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté the garlic in enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. The garlic should just become opaque, not brown.
6. Stir in the tomato paste and immediately stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
7. Reduce heat and simmer until the pasta is ready and add the basil.
8. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse in cold water.
9. Toss with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and then mix into the sauce.
10. Reduce the heat as low as possible.
11. Keep warm, uncovered, for about 10 minutes when it is ready to serve.
12. Garnish generously with fresh parmesan cheese and serve.