- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Compote of Pears and Grapes Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Pears||8 , peeled, cored and halved or quartered (Bartlett, Cornice, Or Anjou)|
|Seedless grapes||1 Pound, halved|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g0.62%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.1 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 64.6 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, dissolve the sugar in the water.
2) Stir in the lemon juice and spices and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Add the pears gently into the boiling syrup and poach, until tender.
4) Allow the pears to cool in the syrup, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
5) In a bowl, drain and thoroughly combine the pears with the grapes.
6) Spoon into serving dishes with some poaching syrup and serve.