- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Company Skillet Ragout Recipe
|Sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Meat Balls)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Cabbage head||3 Pound (1 Medium Size)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Mixed vegetable juices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For Vegetables)|
|Lima beans||10 Ounce, frozen (1 Package)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 186.9 mg
Sodium 1325.4 mg55.2%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.8%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 38 g76.9%
Vitamin A 117% Vitamin C 204.5%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In medium-size bowl add sausage, veal, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2) Mix and shape into 48 small balls.
3) In a 12-inch frying pan heat oil and brown the balls slowly turning several times. Alternately, use an electric frying pan, following manufacturer's directions.
4) Drain out the meatballs and keep aside.
5) Take off the feat from the pan and then return three tablespoonfuls.
6) Add onion and sautÃ© until soft.
7) Halve cabbage and slice one-half into eight wedges. Shred other half finely to make about 6 cups.
8) In the pan add shredded cabbage into onion, cook for 2 minutes until wilted.
9) Add carrots, mixed vegetable juices, 1-teaspoon salt, basil, and pepper.
10) Mound cabbage wedges on top and cover.
11) Boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
12) Tap packages on counter to separate frozen limas and peas.
13) Add it to the vegetables in frying pan.
14) Put meatballs over it. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until limas are tender and meat balls are heated through.
15) Serve immediately or spoon into heated serving bowl, arrange cabbage wedges around edge.