- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Company Oyster Stew Recipe
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), quartered|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh parsley sprig||1 , chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2471 Calories from Fat 1520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.5%
Saturated Fat 103.6 g517.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 794.1 mg
Sodium 1603.5 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39%
Sugars 88 g
Protein 84 g168.8%
Vitamin A 285.1% Vitamin C 129%
Calcium 148.8% Iron 149.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the oysters and drain them retaining the liquid.
2) Measure a cup of oyster liquid; add some milk if the quantity of oyster liquid is insufficient.
3) Keep it aside.
4) Take a Dutch oven and melt butter in it.
5) Put in the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, parsley and thyme.
6) Cover the Dutch oven and cook over medium heat, stirring once in a while, for 10 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
7) Add 2 cups milk, cream as well as the reserved oyster liquid gradually to the vegetable mixture, stirring all the while.
8) Heat the mixture properly without allowing it to boil.
9) Add the oysters and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the oysters get curled.
10) Add all the other ingredients together and stir them in.
11) Serve hot with any garnishing of your choice.