- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Company Cauliflower Recipe
|Cauliflower head||1 Medium|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Processed cheese slice||6|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.2%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.7 mg
Sodium 1849.4 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.1%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 31 g61%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 355.4%
Calcium 67% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break cauliflower into medium pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
3. In a pot of salted boiling water, add cauliflower, cover and cook until just tender.
4. In a skillet, melt butter and lightly brown mushrooms and green pepper.
5. Blend in flour and gradually stir in milk; cook with constant stirring until the mixture is thick.
6. Season with salt.
7. in a 1 1/2 -quart casserole, arrange half of the cauliflower
8. Cover with half of the cheese, then half of the sauce.
9. Again layer with remaining cauliflower, cheese and sauce.
10. Sprinkle paprika over the top.
11. Place the casserole in oven and bake for about for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
12. Serve immediately.