- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Com Chili Recipe
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, dried|
|Tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, diced|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen|
|Kidney beans||16 Ounce|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.7 mg
Sodium 911 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 22.5 g89.9%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 65 g129.7%
Vitamin A 57.1% Vitamin C 77.2%
Calcium 49.3% Iron 68.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In deep saucepan, saute ground beef, onions and green peppers, drain and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and corn and heat such that corn is thawed.
3. Add kidney beans and chili powder and from the saucepan pour the mixture into slow cooker.
4. Let it cook with cover on Low 5-6 hours.
5. To serve top individual servings with dollops of sour cream, or sprinkle with shredded cheese.