- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Colourful Vegetable Kebabs Recipe
|Red bell pepper||1 , deseeded|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , deseeded|
|Green bell pepper||1 , deseeded|
|Wild mushrooms||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mixed dried herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 231.5%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the peppers into 1 inch pieces. Then peel and cut the onion and into wedges with the root end intact.
2) Thread the onion wedges, tomatoes mushrooms and peppers with alternate colours on to the skewers.
3) In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic and herbs. Then baste the kebabs with the mixture.
4) Grill the kebabs over medium hot coals for 10-15 minutes, basting and turning the skewers occasionally.
5) Place the vegetable kebabs in the warm serving plates and serve with walnut sauce, if desired.