- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Colorful Fiesta Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chickens||2 , cut up|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen asparagus spears||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 1238 Calories from Fat 765
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.8%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 375 mg
Sodium 1298.8 mg54.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 97 g194.2%
Vitamin A 120.8% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small bowl, mix together flour, salt, paprika, turmeric and pepper and dredge the chicken one piece at a time, dredging to coat.
2. In 12-inch frypan, heat oil to medium temperature and cook chicken fuming for about 15 minutes or until brown on all sides.
3. Adding onion and chicken broth, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Then add asparagus, carrots, red pepper, mushrooms and soy sauce, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and vegetables are tender.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.