- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Collard Greens Recipe Video
|Collard green||1 Pound, rinsed and teared|
|Smoked ham/Bacon||5 Ounce, diced|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.5 mg8.2%
Sodium 511.3 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 151.6% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan add in the smoked ham and canola oil. Sauté for few minutes.
2. Add in the onion and cook for few minutes.
3. Add in the collard greens in bunches and sauté.
4. Pour in the chicken stock and mix well. Cover with the lid for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Cover again and cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Serve Collard Greens with red eyed beans and rice.