- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coleslaw with Tomatoes Recipe
|Cabbage head||1 Large, shredded|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into rings|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced and separated into rings|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2087 Calories from Fat 1483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g258.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4185.4 mg174.4%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 35.1 g140.4%
Sugars 78.2 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 59.4% Vitamin C 908.4%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and place layers of cabbage, green pepper, and onion alternately in it.
2) Add 1/2 cup sugar to this.
3) Take a small saucepan and combine rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4) Pour this mixture over the layered ingredients.
5) Chill for at least 4 hours after covering.
6) Add tomatoes and toss lightly to serve.