- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coleslaw Salad Ring Recipe
|Vegetable stock/Water and stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Gelatine||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|White cabbage||1 Small|
|Sweet corn kernels||6 Ounce (175 Gram, Fresh Or Frozen)|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg
Sodium 304.9 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 159.5% Vitamin C 93.5%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the bowl over a saucepan filled with hot water. Stir to dissolve, remove the bowl from the heat and pour over the remaining stock. Leave to become cold.
3. Remove the tough outer leaves from the cabbage and finely shred the remainder.
4. Rinse the cabbage and dry thoroughly. Place in a bowl.
5. Wash the pepper and remove core, white pith and the seeds. Slice very thinly.
6. Peel and coarsely grate the carrots; add to the cabbage with the peppers.
7. Cook the sweetcorn in boiling salted water for 5-7 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
8. Add the sweetcorn to the salad.
9. Stir in the mayonnaise, add the seasoning and the gelatine which should be nearly on the point of setting.
11. Leave in a cold place to set.
12. When set, loosen the salad ring and turn out onto a dish.
13. Fill the centre with either cress or parsley.