- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coleslaw Recipe Video
|Hard white cabbage||200 Gram|
|Mayonnaise||4 Tablespoon (As required)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.7 mg
Sodium 2400.7 mg100%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 84.5% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut away any discolored outside leaves from the cabbage, then cut it into quarters and remove the thick stork.
2. Carefully cut the remaining cabbage into a fine shred and place in a large bowl.
3. Peel and finely slice the onion and mix with the cabbage.
4. Wash and peel the carrot and using a grater, grate it lengthways.
5. Mix with the cabbage and onion and season to taste.
6. Add enough mayonnaise to bind ingredients together to make your coleslaw.
7. Serve without or with garnish as desired.
If desired add some of your favorite ingredients to the coleslaw to make a change, such as sultanas, apple or celery, for example.