- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Veal with Tuna Sauce ( Vitello Tonnato ) Italian Recipe Video
|Bay leaves||4 Medium|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Pepper grains||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||4 Drop|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tuna in oil||3 1⁄2 Ounce, drained|
|Capers in vinegar||20 Gram|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg
Sodium 156.2 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the meat in a tall and narrow pot along with the onion, celery, carrot, bay leaves, garlic, rosemary, pepper, cloves and the salt.
2. Add the wine, water enough to cover the top, bring it to a boil and then let it simmer on a very low flame for about 90 minutes.
3. Once the meat is done let it cool down and then strain the cooking sauce using the strainer.
4. In a bowl, process the tuna, eggs which was previously hard boiled and minced, half of the capers and the minced anchovies, blend everything using a hand blender and also keep adding cooking sauce and oil, blend until you get a creamy and thick sauce.
5. Cut the meat into thin slices, about one tenth of an inch wide, then spread a spoonful of the sauce and garnish with some capers.
6. Serve the Cold Veal with Tuna Sauce along with some bread.