- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Finely diced cucumber||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely shredded cabbage||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Curry powder||1 Dash|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg
Sodium 1607.6 mg67%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.7%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 248.8% Vitamin C 327.8%
Calcium 17% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the tomatoes and dip in boiling water for a minute.
2) Drain them out and put them in cold water immediately.
3) Peel the skins.
4) Place each tomato stem side up and cut into 4 wedges right to the base taking care not to cut through.
5) Hold the wedges apart and sprinkle them with salt.
6) Chill for 1 ½ hours by keeping it covered within a refrigerator.
7) Take a bowl and mix the next 7 ingredients.
8) Refrigerate after covering the bowl.
9) Take a bowl and mix mayonnaise with chili powder and hot sauce.
10) Fill each tomato shell with a spoonful of vegetable mixture.
11) Add a dollop of mayonnaise-sauce mixture on top.
12) Place on lettuce leaves and serve.