- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Shrimp Stuffed Avacado Recipe
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, cooked, shelled, coarsely, chopped (Retain Shrimp - 6 Whole)|
|Chili pepper||1 , peeled if fresh , seeded, washed and chopped fine (Hot)|
|Egg||1 , hard cooked, chopped|
|Green olives/Black olives, chopped||24 , pitted|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Coriander leaves/Parsley of same quantity and form||3 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.9 mg
Sodium 269.4 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 58.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make two halves of each avocado lengthwise and take away the pit.
2) Slowly scoop out the flesh taking care not to damage the shells.
3) Now into a bowl, put the flesh .
4) Drizzle some lemon juice on each shell to avoid darkening.
5) Using a fork, mash the avocado flesh.
6) Now add the shrimp, hot pepper, egg, and olives and mix well.
7) Add required mayonnaise, starting with 1/3 cup, to bind the ingredients together.
8) Taste and add required salt and pepper.
9) Fill the avocado shells with this mixture.
10) Top each shell with one of the retained shrimp and scatter on top with a little coriander.
11) Serve at once.