- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Ratatouille Recipe
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Green peppers||2 , diced|
|Eggplants||2 Medium, diced|
|Zucchini||2 Small, cut in slices|
|Ripe tomatoes||6 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, crushed|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 85.2 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 32.1% Vitamin C 128.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an ovenproof casserole, heat olive oil.
2) Sauté onion in olive oil until it turns transparent.
3) Add green peppers and eggplants on the onions.
4) Add zucchini and tomatoes after 5 minutes.
5) Simmer the vegetables by covering the pan in oil for 30 minutes.
6) Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, as per taste.
7) Sprinkle with parsley, marjoram, basil and garlic.
8) Cook without cover for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until ratatouille is well mixed.
9) Serve cold as a delicious beginning to a summer meal.