- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Poached Trout Recipe
|For court bouillon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Other dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, sliced diagonally|
|Frozen trout/Fresh trout - 6 (14-oz size), boned and heads removed||10 Ounce, thawed, boned|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 1019.5 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare court bouillon, in a large (12-inch) skillet. Add 2 cups water with Chablis, celery, onion, parsley, lemon slices, carrot, bay leaf and salt.
2) Boil it, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Add trout to pan and cover tightly.
4) Boil over medium heat. Decrease heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
5) Remove pan from heat.
6) Cool and refrigerate fish in court bouillon overnight.
7) Put trout on serving platter.
8) Brush with court bouillon.
9) Garnish with watercress and lemon wedges.
10) Serve with Sauce Verte or Hollandaise if you like