- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Poached Salmon Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salmon steaks||4 (Fillets)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 839.6 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 30 g61%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart glass baking dish, mix the lemon, onion, cloves, bay leaf, celery, salt, lemon juice, vinegar and water together.
2) Cover and heat for 5 to 6 minutes, then stir halfway through the cooking time.
3) In the corners of the baking dish, place the salmon then cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, rotate the dish 1/4 turn halfway through the cooking time.
4) Gently turn over the fish in the liquid, then cover and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes until the fish is flakey.
5) Remove the fish from the poaching liquid.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates or chill for 3 to 4 hours and serve with the tartar sauce.