- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Oven Popovers Recipe
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Sifted)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1661 Calories from Fat 535
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.2%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg
Sodium 1508.2 mg62.8%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g71.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 61 g121.3%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 62.1% Iron 66.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a fork, beat the egg whites lightly.
2) Combine egg with the oil, margarine and milk.
3) In a mixing bowl, place the flour and salt.
4) Gradually add liquids, beating with an electric mixer until well blended.
5) Then mix on high speed for a minute or two.
6) Meanwhile, thoroughly oil 12 large or 18 medium custard cups.
7) Fill each 1/2 full of batter and place in a cold oven.
8) Turn oven on to 400Â°F and leave popovers in for 45 to 60 minutes, or until done.
9) Top with any seasoning of your choice and serve.