- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Orange Souffle Recipe
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Lemons||2 , freshly squeezed|
|Orange flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon, whipped (For Decoration)|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.3%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.8 mg
Sodium 88.5 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 60.8 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 210.1%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the eggs, placing yolks in a basin and whites in a clean dry mixing bowl
2. Juice the oranges and strain juice into an enamel or stainless steel saucepan.
3. Add gelatin to juice and leave to soften for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Prepare a double boiler by simmering water in a medium saucepan on which the basin of egg yolks can fit tightly without the base touching the simmering water.
5. Lightly grease 4 (6 oz.) soufflé molds.
6. To the juice and gelatin, add sugar and cornstarch and blend well.
7. Place pan on medium heat and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
8. Take pan off the heat and strain the mixture through a fine meshed sieve into the basin with egg yolks.
9. Beat egg yolk mixture until well blended.
10. Place the pan over double boiler
11. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Take basin off heat and let the mixture cool, stirring occasionally to prevent lumping.
12. In the meantime whip the cream to soft peak stage in a cold bowl.
13. Wash and dry beater blade thoroughly then beat the egg whites until stiff.
14. Fold cream into orange mixture
15. Add stiff egg whites and gently fold using a spatula and not over beating to keep the soufflé light and fluffy.
16. Spoon mixture into molds.
17. Place molds in the refrigerator to set and chill the soufflés.
18. Unmold soufflés by lightly dipping molds in a warm water bath for a few seconds and inverting onto dessert plates.
19. Pipe out whipped cream rosettes over the soufflés and garnish with orange segments if you like.
20. Serve chilled.