- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Orange Carrot Soup Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 449.8 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 220.3% Vitamin C 38.8%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and carrots, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
2. Stir in stock, juice, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer with cover for 35 to 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
4. Let it cool slightly and puree in batches in blender or food processor.
5. Refrigerate until chilled or for up to 2 days.
6. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the yogurt and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Divide among 4 bowls, swirl 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the remaining yogurt into each bowl as garnish and serve.