- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Dressed Chicken Recipe
|Chicken breasts||1 , boned, skinned|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Canned tuna in brine||7 Ounce, drained (200 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red peppers||2 , seeded and cut thin|
|Capers||3 1⁄2 Ounce (Or Small Jar)|
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.3 mg
Sodium 939.8 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 45 g89%
Vitamin A 80.3% Vitamin C 293.5%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy based saucepan, keep the chicken bteasts in a single layer.
2) Put in the onion, bay leaf, peppercorns and pour in stock.
3) Let it come to a boil and lower the heat.
4) Close the lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Switch off the heat and let the chicken to cool in the stock.
6) Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken.
7) Using a knife, slice the breasts thickly and arrange on a serving plate.
8) Return the stock to heat and boil the chicken stock until reduced to 5 tbsp.
9) Through a fine sieve. strain and cool.
10) In a bowl, blend the tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 3 tbsp stock and salt until smooth.
11) Pour in the remaining stock to the sauce, and reduce to the thickness of double cream.
12) Take a platter and keep the chicken in the middle of it. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
13) Line strips of red pepper in a lattice pattern on the sauce.
14) Keep a caper in the centre of each square.
15) Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve with mixed salad and tomatoes.