- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Curried Succotash Recipe
|Corn kernel||2 Cup (32 tbs), canned whole|
|Canned baby lima beans||12 Ounce, frozen (1 Can)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||3 Inch, roughly cut|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.47%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 126.2 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the frozen baby lima beans as per packet instructions, drain and set aside 1/2 cup of the the liquid.
2) In a large bowl, mix together onion, celery, green pepper, corn, lima beans and pimiento.
3) In a saucepan, bring to boil 1/2 of the reserved liquid, brown sugar, curry powder, cinnamon, cloves, celery seed, salt and vinegar.
4) Allow the mixture to cook on low flame for 10 minutes, stirring continously.
5) Pour the curried sauce over the bowl of raw vegetables.
6) Allow to cool down before placing in the refrigerator overnight to chill.
7) Tranfer the Cold Curried Succotash onto a serving bowl.
8) Serve as a main dish.