- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
|Cucumbers||4 Medium, peeled 2 diced and 2 grated|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Snipped fresh dill||4 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.1 mg
Sodium 504.6 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 45.7% Vitamin C 50.1%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy pan, add the diced cucumbers, 1 cup chicken stock and onion together and simmer until tender.
2) In a blender, puree the mixture, until smooth.
3) In a bowl, transfer the cucumber puree and stir in rest of the chicken stock.
4) Stir in the coarsely grated cucumbers along with the sour cream.
5) Season the soup with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
6) Stir in the snipped fresh dill and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
7) Sprinkle with the parsley and serve the chilled soup in cold bowls.