- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Crab Curry Salad Recipe
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Shallots||4 , chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander seed||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Cooked crab meat||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked and cooled|
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked and cooled|
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.6 mg
Sodium 263.8 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, heat butter and saute apple and shallots until softened;
2) Stir in the curry powder, coriander seed, and flour.
3) Stream in enough milk to make a thick paste.
4) Remove the pan off the heat and allow the paste to cool.
5) In a bowl, fold together mayonnaise with the flour paste.
6) Mix in little lemon juice and adjust the seasoning.
7) Serve the crabmeat on a bed of rice and spoon curry sauce on top.