- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cold Asparagus With Lemon Mustard Dressing Recipe
|Fresh asparagus spears||12|
|Fat free mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet brown mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, divided|
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.43 g0.66%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 437.1 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam or boil asparagus until tender yet crisp and bright green
2. Immediately drain and refresh under cold water to prevent further cooking and retain color.
3. Arrange in a dish, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
4. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, using only ¾ teaspoon of lemon peel.
5. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
6. On cold 2 salad plates, arrange 6 asparagus each.
7. Drizzle with dressing.
8. Sprinkle each lemon peel.
9. Garnish with carrot strips and edible flowers, if desired.