- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shredded cabbage||1 Pound|
|Cooked mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 159 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 111.8%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take an 8-inch skillet, add 1 tbsp margarine or butter and green onion, cook till tender and keep aside.
3. Take a 2-quart saucepan, add boiling salted water in small amount and cabbage and cook, uncovered, for about 4 minutes.
4. Cover saucepan and continue cooking for 2 more minutes or till cabbage becomes tender. Drain off excessive water.
5. Take a mixing bowl, preferable a large one, add cabbage, mashed potatoes, pepper, green onion and salt and mix well.
6. In a 2-quart casserole, apply butter and transfer the contents from mixing bowl.
7. Sprinkle the rest 2 tbsp margarine or butter.
8. Keep in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
9. Serve hot.