- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aluchi Patal Bhaji (Patra Leaves Gravy) Recipe Video
|For the patra leaves gravy|
|Taro leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, dried and chopped (Patra leaves)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To boil colocasia/taro leaves)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Methi seeds)|
|Chickpea flour||2 Tablespoon (Besan)|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, chopped|
|For the tempering|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (Jeera)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Lasun)|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peanuts||1 Tablespoon, soaked in a little water for 4 hours|
|Chana dal||1 Tablespoon, soaked in a little water for 4 hours (Split chickpeas)|
|Tamarind pulp||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 198.2 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 44.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Blender
1. Take a pot of boiling water, add methi seeds and the washed and chopped taro leaves. Cover and boil for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
2. Into a blender, add the taro leaves along with the water. Blend to a puree. Set aside.
3. To the prepared puree, add chickpea flour, chopped green chilies, stir and mix well.
4. Heat a pan with a tbsp of oil, add cumin seeds. When they sizzle add chopped garlic and cook until it changes color slightly.
5. Pour the prepared patra leaves puree along with a little water.
6. Add red chili powder, garam masala and the soaked chana dal and peanuts along with the water.
7. Add tamarind pulp, jaggery and salt to taste. Stir to mix everything well. Cover and let it simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Serve the aluchi bhaji with chapati, phulka or rice.